Saturday, February 26, 2011

epiphany?

Let's be real, people: I've been terrible at blogging lately.

I don't really have any good reasons aside from the fact that I'm really busy and I haven't had anything to write about.

Wait - are those good reasons?

Regardless, I miss it. I love writing, and lately all I've been writing are weekly papers for my Spanish class and essays for my sociology class. Obviously these types of writing are not the same as rambling on about nothing in a post that has nothing to do with my grades and GPA.

Part of the reason I haven't been posting frequently is because I don't feel like I have anything to say. I enjoy reading blogs about people's day-to-day lives, but that was never what I myself intended to write about.

Let's be honest - my life is not that interesting. I can give you a quick rundown right now if you'd like: I go to class Monday through Friday. I work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I complain about my 7:00-10:00 p.m. class every Wednesday. I make dinner, do homework, watch whatever show is on that night (How I Met Your Mother on Monday, Glee and Teen Mom on Tuesday, nothing on Wednesday, The Big Bang Theory and Grey's Anatomy on Thursday, and Say Yes To the Dress on Friday. Note to self: You watch way too much TV), and go to bed...get up and repeat. On weekends I work, do homework, clean, and grocery shop.

See? No big deal. So what am I supposed to write about? I always feel the need to post "deep" thoughts on life. Maybe not deep, but somewhat profound...something to think about it.

But I thought about this - I don't have a huge epiphany every day. I don't always have some brilliant thought that I feel compelled to share with the world...sometimes, all I have is what I did that day. And what I do every day, no matter how mundane, is profound just the same.

Because it's my life. And I'm living it. I'm choosing every day to continue my education, to cultivate my relationships, to work hard so that someday I can be where I want to be.

This doesn't necessarily mean more posts...really, it's okay that no one wants to read about how my day was. I wouldn't either. But I guess this means that I won't just write off my days as insignificant anymore...because while they may not be significant enough to provoke a deep thought, they are significant enough to keep me going.

And maybe that's significant enough to get me writing?

We'll see...stay tuned!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment