Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 23

It's been a while!

Between traveling to Spain last quarter and settling into my hectic summer schedule, my free time is pretty much a distant dream. I'm beginning to think I'm going to be busy for the rest of my life!

For the first time in my life I actually feel like a true, bona fide, grown up.

As in a work full-time (40 hours a week as a front-desk receptionist), live-on-your-own (only because my roommates are gone for the summer), pay-your-own-bills, cook-your-own-meals, keep-up-your-own-house kind of grown up.

I'm enjoying it, but every now and again I get sad that my childhood is gone - a feeling that is really sad to someone like me, who thrives on being home, being able to have lazy days without a care in the world, being a little bit dependent.

I feel the blogging itch coming back, and hope to be able to pull together a whirlwind of posts to update all of you readers who might still be out there on the goings-on in my life...right now I'm enjoying a rare moment of peace in this crazy-busy summer that I can only describe simply as bittersweet.

But more on that later...

1 comment: