Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My role in Disney movies

I have been doing a great deal of thinking about my personality lately.

Some people have forgettable personalities - nothing really stands out about them as unique or odd or exceptional.

I am not one of those people. (I don't think.)

My younger sister and I made this executive decision months ago after realizing that if you have a strong enough personality, you will find yourself in movies.

Yeah, that made a lot of sense.

Let me try to explain a little better - think of your favorite movie characters. They tend to have distinct personalities, right? Mine tend to follow this pattern, but maybe that'd because I'm drawn to characters in movies (and books as well) who I can relate to.

Upon further though, we decided that my personality can most distinctly be found in Disney movies. I find this to be a good thing. Everyone loves Disney movies, so everyone must love me, right? (Gotta love when what you learn about deductive reasoning in COMM class can apply to your daily life!)

Anyway. Due to my cautious, OCD, bossy, worry-wart, overly-analytical, control freak and neat freak nature, I have
found my personality in several movies...

Observe:

1. C-3PO, Star Wars

If I had to pick one character that most accurately represents me, C-3PO would be a dead-ringer for first place. Cautious to a fault, he rarely takes risks. He's a know-it-all who has the tendency to overanalyze every situation. Lucky for him, he has an excuse, being a protocol droid and all. C-3PO and I also both hate conflict and try to maintain the good relationships of those around us.

2. Hermione Granger, Harry Potter

As it turns out, C-3PO might not be a dead-ringer for first place after all. The similarities between Hermione and I are uncanny. While I may not boast her brilliance, I have always considered myself (and been considered) intelligent. I am a stickler for rules and am not afraid of calling people out on it. I found myself confused when people laughed at her now-famous line "We could have been killed! Or worse - expelled" - it seemed to be a legitimate concern to me.

3. Cogsworth, Beauty and the Beast

Cogsworth will forever be one of my favorite Disney characters. While I wish I were more like Belle (our only similarities include our brown hair and our love of reading), I find I can relate to the worrisome clock who craves rules (and following them).

4. Timon, The Lion King

Obnoxious, loud, and bossy. While I try to emphasize other more favorable elements of my personality in my day-to-day life, I tend to acknowledge these ones. I often find myself informing people that I'm obnoxious - typically they laugh as if they don't believe me. I'm really just trying to warn them. Characters like myself (or Timon) aren't usually the easiest to live with. I have always loved Timon, even before I realized I was like him. Plus he knows how to hula...something I could do back in the day. As in, when I was three. But still - similarities are similarities!

5. Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

I love Sebastian. Love him! He is such a rule-follower and has such trouble arguing with authority figures...oh hey Abbie, what are you doing under the sea? I'm not even kidding. Not that I ever really need to argue with authority figures. But, like Sebastian, I really hate conflict. Like, despise it beyond good sense. Like, start getting overwhelmed and stressed out and panicky when someone merely has a heated conversation with another person in the same vicinity as me.

As you can see, I'm an issue.

If you hadn't picked up on it before now, this post just gave you two new reasons why:

1. I look for myself in Disney movies.

2. Then I blog about it.

See? Told ya!

♥ abigail

1 comment:

  1. "We could have been killed! Or worse - expelled" is another favorite quote...

    ReplyDelete