Wednesday, May 26, 2010

out of character

I'm usually an optimistic person. Which is why it's weird that today I feel like writing a "things that bug me about today" list rather than my usual "happy" list. It's kind of out of character for me, but it's what I need. I think.

I'm blaming it on the weather, among other things. Today I've been irritated by many little things, so instead of dwelling on them for the rest of the day, I'm going to immortalize them here forever. That makes sense, right?

Anyway, here's the "things that bugged me today list":

1. People who walk slowly. In packs that take up the entire sidewalk, making them impossible to pass.

2. People who walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk, refusing to move to the correct (and vacant) side of our little tiny square of cement we're trying to coexist in...it results in an odd version of chicken that I always lose (meaning I always am the polite one who steps aside, despite the fact that it lands me on the wrong side of the sidewalk).

3. Headaches that won't go away.

4. A dishwasher that remained full of clean dishes until I finally gave in and unloaded it this evening. Of course that is when my roommate realizes she can unload it too. Resulting in stepping around each other to empty it, making it take twice as long.

I'm not annoyed.

5. Deadlines that all fall within hours of each other.

6. People sniffling. Loudly. To the point where you can almost hear the snot dripping down their throat. Gross.

7. Walking a mile-and-a-half in the rain while my jeans decided they didn't want to stay cuffed. This resulted in jeans soaked up to my knees.

8. Hair that won't cooperate due to my refusal to straighten it when it's this darn rainy, as well as my inability to remain still while sleeping.

9. The obnoxious girls who were cackling (I swear) on the ellipticals behind me while I tried to bike in peace. They were so loud, not even my iPod could drown them out. There was no way they were exerting themselves in any way, so they should have just walked home together and cackled all they wanted.

10. Not having a free moment to breathe, read, relax, sleep, exercise, or just sit. I am on my allotted 20 minute break I give myself after doing homework for four hours straight. Aren't I considerate?

11. Going to bed at 2:30 because of homework, then getting up at 7:30 to do more before class. I need eight hours of sleep to function like a real human being. You do the math...I'm only 62% human right now.


I feel like there were more things that have bugged me recently...I am a very petty person when sleep-deprived and cranky.

This 62% human being is off to do another few hours of homework before hopefully logging eight hours of sleep tonight....

Wish me luck.

♥ abigail

2 comments:

  1. Abigail, I LOVE your list... many of those things annoy me, too. You're not along!!

    Get some rest (as I think to myself... it's another night of working late... ugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not alone! Sometimes I feel bad because when I'm having one of those days the little things really bug me...and I know it's petty and I should get over it, I just can't!

    ReplyDelete