Friday, June 4, 2010

fill in the blank friday

I've come across this sort of thing on a few random blogs, so I thought I'd give it a go...I have about 5 unfinished drafts of posts that are just screaming to be revised and completed, but I'm suffering from a case of writer's block and just can't seem to get my act together.

I'd like to attribute my writer's block to the fact that this past week was dead week, also known as the busiest week everfor college students...my brain has been working overtime to finish homework, speeches, papers, projects, and presentations, so I haven't really had the time to finish any thoughts.

Until I do have that time again, here is my first "fill in the blank friday" for your enjoyment.

1. My absolute favorite movie of all time is You've Got Mail. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks was the most genius combination ever. And I am Kathleen Kelly. Not completely...but we're similar!

2. My favorite movie as a child was The Sandlot. I still love it to this day. I also loved any Mary-Kate and Ashley movie, and owned most of them. Holiday in the Sun was the best.

3. The best movie quote ever is impossible to pick. I am obsessed with quotes in all forms. Love love love them, and I honestly watch movies just waiting for the good quotes to come out. Off the top of my head, here are a few favorites:

"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you and hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I got to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - When Harry Met Sally

"We don't know. You can never be sure. But we take the plunge anyway. Sure is for people who don't love enough." - Imagine Me and You

"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - You've Got Mail

4. My favorite actress is Meg Ryan. She is fabulous and I love her. My favorite actor is Tom Hanks. That man could read me the phone book...I love his voice that much.

5. The movie I could watch over and over is pretty much any movie I remotely like. I've seen You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle and Must Love Dogs countless times. They're my go-to, feel-good movies.

6. My favorite movie genre is romantic comedy. Obviously. I don't really like being sad if I can prevent it, and I get so attached to characters that I try not to watch sad movies. Horror movies are out of the question, and I get bored during action movies.

7. A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is Gone With the Wind. I haven't seen it before, but I love the book and want to see how the movie is.


So there you have it, readers! Happy fill in the blank Friday!

abigail

2 comments:

  1. I like the When Harry Met Sally quote... I think I need to watch that movie! I need to see Gone with the Wind also.

    ReplyDelete