Friday, September 17, 2010

fill in the blank friday :)

Thanks to the lovely Lauren at the little things we do..., I have something to do at 1:14 a.m. while I wait for my laundry to finish drying! And if I'm being honest, which I always am, I've been waiting for Fill In the Blank Friday all week long.

I've officially run out of things to do this summer, and with 10 days until school starts up again, I'm looking for things to occupy my time - there are only so many books I can read before my head is full, things I can bake before I run out of ingredients, and so many episodes of Law and Order: SVU I can watch before I feel violated in some way...

So thank you, Lauren, for giving me something to do! If you'd like to play along, make sure to link up to her blog, and check it out while you're there! It's definitely one of my favorites.

1. When I get a day to myself I like to do whatever it is I've been wanting to do that requires my family to be out of the house. While I'm at my parents' house and I get a day when everyone is gone, I like to bake something delicious and then clean the entire house, all the while listening to my music. With so many people around all the time, it can get a bit chaotic. For some reason, I can't work in the kitchen if anyone else is in there, I can't clean if other people are in the same room, and I can't fully enjoy my music unless my siblings aren't around to offer their peanut gallery comments (my music taste, while far from eclectic, isn't what they'd consider to be mainstream, so they have trouble appreciating it)

2. High school was a time in my life when I thought I had it all figured out. I know better now, but it was still a good feeling! I loved high school - there were only 130 of us per class, so we knew everyone in our grade pretty well. I was on top of the world in high school. I was involved in everything I could be from sports to leadership to newspaper, so I felt like I ran the school.

3. A little dream I have is to live in a pretty little house by the ocean, a meadow, or my sisters. Bonus points if it's all of the above!

4. A big dream I have is to find my real passion and pursue it happily for the rest of my life.

5. If I could drive any car, my pick would be...not a clue! I know nothing about cars, and have often received lectures about the differences between cars and trucks and vans and pick-ups and whatnot. I only differentiate between cars and trucks. I would really just be happy with something that runs.

6. A time that I felt really and truly beautiful was when I was in California this summer. For some reason, no make up + a little sunshine + a lot of family love is the perfect equation to make me feel like a pretty girl. Not to mention there was a cute boy who was telling me I was beautiful, which is always a step in the right direction...

7. Tomorrow I will...be up and at 'em bright and early to take a load of stuff to my house at school. Then it'll be off to work at a soccer tournament for my internship with the athletic department before I head back to my house to unpack and start getting settled in with my new roomies.

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment