Tuesday, September 14, 2010

word vomit?

Over the past year, I've gone through periods of major writer's block.

I would start writing, work at it for a while, then end up looking at a blank screen yet again. After a while, those blank spaces start to appear very daunting and unforgiving, which leads me to avoid writing all together.

Then I would be left waiting for inspiration. Sometimes it would come within an hour, but a lot of the time it took a few days or weeks for me to get writing again. I'd get excited, but soon I would be faced once again with the blank page, and the cycle would continue.

So, naturally, when the urge strikes me to write, I take full advantage...this should explain the onslaught of posts from me these days.

For some reason, inspiration has completely taken over, and I always can find something to write about. When I find myself alone with my thoughts (plus a little background music), my mind starts to wander, and it ends up going places where it digs up some profound thought, some tale to tell...and immediately, I feel compelled to write.

Even when I'm not alone with my thoughts, I find things to write about. Last night I received an unexpected phone call from a friend that inspired me in all sorts of ways (look for a more detailed post on that in a day or two - I'm still working out the thoughts in my brain and they aren't quite ready for public viewing), including the post pushing destiny.

I am so happy to be writing again. I am very happy to have an outlet such as this where I feel like I can ramble...because really, that's all I want. I ramble on a daily basis to the people around me, and it's nice to know that there are a few people who aren't around me are semi-interested in what I have to say.

I hope this lack of writer's block (what's the technical term for not having writer's block, anyway? Word vomit seems appropriate, but I hate to call my writing vomit...) lasts...I will be taking full advantage of it for as long as I can!

♥ abigail

2 comments:

  1. Word vomit.....love it! Definately a phrase for bloggers to embrace!

    I have 2 other blogs you might like....http://angelstar2.wordpress.com/ & http://smileawaytheday.wordpress.com/

    Have linked yours to all 3 of mine. Hope thats okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm following all three...I think. Technology and I aren't the best of friends.

    ReplyDelete