Friday, November 5, 2010

a little rambling + fill in the blank friday

I really either need to stop saying I'll update you on my life later or start updating you on my life as it happens...because I never remember what I want to say or even what I was doing, if I'm being honest...mostly because nothing that happens to me is at all that interesting.

My life is pretty basic these days - classes, the gym, and homework every day; work a few days a week (mostly weekends - gross!); watching TV shows with the roomies a few times a week (our favorites include, but aren't limited to, How I Met Your Mother, Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant, The Big Bang Theory, and Grey's Anatomy, and Say Yes To the Dress. We also tend to indulge in a little Gilmore Girls on the side); and sleeping when I can.

See? You aren't missing much. Last week was particularly busy, but I don't know why I said I'd write about it later, because there really isn't anything interesting about three midterms in one week (two in one day even. Which is gross, but not interesting) and having three papers to write. One in Spanish.

As one of my favorite TV characters Lorelai Gilmore would say, "Oy with the poodles already!"

This week has been a lot calmer, but still very busy. Sometimes I feel like I'm running around like a madwoman, but at the end of the day it all pays off because it results in my to-do list being significantly shorter.

If there's anything more satisfying than crossing something off your to-do list, don't tell me...you'll totally be killing my buzz!

Although if you told me there was something more satisfying, I wouldn't believe you anyway...

But let's not tempt fate, okay?

In other boring college news, one of my "running around like a madwoman" errands led me to an old (old as in former, not age) professor's office hours. I was checking on the status of a recommendation form I requested from him, and was so happy after our conversation. It basically turned into a "Let's say nice things about Abbie for five minutes and completely embarrass her - but in a good way" conversation.

He told me he was flattered that I had asked him, and was so excited for what I'm applying for. He also told me that it's not often that he sees "special students" like me who work hard amidst "a sea of underachievers" (I got A's in both of the classes I've taken with him). He told me that I am going places and am going to do great things with my life.

Needless to say, I left his office confident that he is going to give me a good recommendation. And feeling like I was pretty cool. You know, if we're being honest.

This weekend will take me to Eugene on Saturday (my sweet little bubba [aka my brother] is running in the state cross country meet), back to Corvallis for work on Sunday, then back to Eugene on Sunday night so I can be in town for my dentist appointment on Monday morning. Don't worry - my sister is driving us down on Saturday, so I won't be wasting gas going to and from home a million times. And by a million, I mean two. Clearly.

Thanks for sticking through all that rambling with me...and now we continue on to Fill In the Blank Friday. Link up with Lauren to play along!


1. My last haircut was before school started. I took my hairdresser a picture of Selena Gomez's cute shoulder-length cut with the side-bangs and had her recreate that. So adorable, but I'm lazy and never take the time to make it look like Selena's anymore...oh well!

2. My most daring hair moment was when I got my perm! I've always been obsessed with curly hair, and have spent my life trying to find anything to keep curls in. I finally was brave enough to get a perm, and it turned out fabulously. I did it twice, and it only recently grew out (this spring). Once my hair gets a little longer, I think I'm going to do it again - it fit my lifestyle so much better (I'm such a wash-and-go girl), and I really liked it.

3. A hairstyle I'd never be brave enough to try is anything shorter than my shoulders. My face is way to round to handle that. Plus, if I can't put my hair in a ponytail, bad things happen. Like stress. And nose itching. And stressful nose itching. Not good.

4. I've always dreamt of being a (blonde, brunette, or red-head) brunette...I love my natural color and can't imagine having anything else!

5. My go-to hair do is straightened and down, with a little bow on the side. I know it's bad to do it every day, so I try to refrain...but my hair is that annoying kind that almost is perfectly straight, but flips just enough to make it look like I tried (and failed) to curl just the ends.

6. My biggest hair disaster was when I was five and decided to cut my own bangs the day my mom was taking me to get my picture's taken...they were wet and in my eyes so I gave myself a little trim. Whoops! The picture features me with an extremely gelled half-ponytail.

7. A hairstyle I and dying to try is any sort of cute braid. My hair is too fat and doesn't like to stay in place, making this difficult to achieve, especially when my hair isn't super-long right now.

8. My best hair day was...I couldn't even tell you! I really loved it when it was the perfectly grown-out stage of my perm.

9. The worst hairstyle I ever had was when I was five. My mom thought it'd be cute with really short hair. Like a longer version of a bowl cut, but not by much. Apparently it was popular in 1995, because two other girls in my kindergarten class had the same cut. You know how everyone thinks kindergartners are cute? My mom ruined that for me...

10. My hair is annoying as all get-out, but I love it just the same.

Happy Friday!

♥ abigail

3 comments:

  1. Rambling and venting is good for the soul...I think. ;) And I'm glad I'm not the only one that needs to be able to have her hair up in a ponytail. Very important!!! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my most daring moment was a perm too...it was a complete disaster!

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cut my own hair before when i was little! disaster....

    Have a great Friday! :)
    http://koreeunveiled.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete