As usual, here is today's Fill in the Blank Friday...link up here to play along!
1. The most spontaneous thing I've ever done was go on a road trip to San Francisco my freshman year. One week my then-boyfriend, one of his roommates, and I were completely fed up with the co-op we were living in. We decided we wanted to get away for the three-day weekend, picked San Francisco, called another friend, and hit the road the next day. I called my mom form the Golden Gate Bridge - then she instated a rule for my older sister and I that required us to tell either her or my dad before we left the state. Sorry, Mom...:)
2. The best gift I've ever received was my family. I know it's cheesy - but really, nothing material I've ever received even comes close to comparing to how great my family is. I was given two sisters I consider to be my best friends, a fantastic little brother, and my parents have taught me countless important lessons.
3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was when I was given a Luke Ridnour jersey in eighth grade. I used to be obsessed with him, and someone important in my life knew about it...he wrote a letter to the Seattle Sonics, told them about me, and asked for an autograph...they sent him an autographed jersey, which he brought to my house before Christmas when I was sick. I was so shocked and surprised that I cried.
4. I can't leave the house without ...well, besides the obvious (my clothes), the only thing I always have on me when I leave are my keys. I like to have my cell phone and chapstick, but have learned to get by without them. I also can't leave the house with my bed unmade
5. My favorite day of the week is Sunday because it just has a relaxing quality to me. I usually get up early for church, then buy the paper and spend the morning reading it and having a nice moment of peace and quiet. I proceed to spend the day in sweats doing homework, reading, or watching movies with my roommates...bliss!
6. Something that can always make me laugh is Friends. It never fails. It's my go-to "cheer up" show, and it never fails to crack me up.
7. My perfect day would include so many things. When I think "perfect day" I think of this summer in Manhattan Beach - sleeping in, waking up lazily, being surrounded by family all day, spending time on the beach and in the sun...that is perfection to me.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!