Monday, March 21, 2011

Day Two

Day two of the thirty-day photo challenge told me to post a picture of me with the person I've been closest to the longest.

I decided I can't do that. So I posted a picture of me with the two people I've been closest to the longest.

I decided that since it's my blog, I can take some liberties with this challenge :)


This photo is of me (left); my older sister, Samantha (center); and my younger sister, Kendall (right). It was taken last summer at our uncle's wedding in California (that should explain our sun-kissed skin pretty well).

Technically I've been closest to Samantha the longest - she's a year-and-a-half older than I am, and only one grade ahead in school. We've been inseparable since my birth (almost 21 years ago).

Kendall is two years younger than me, and two grades below me in school. That doesn't make much of a difference now, but when you're an eighth grader and your sister is in sixth? Yeah - huge difference.

I was definitely closer to Samantha growing up - we were so close in age and when we hit middle school we starting playing on the same sports teams, which made us have the same friends.

As we grew up, we took Kendall under our wings a little better, and now the three of us are best friends.

Samantha is the loud, older sister. She doesn't know the meaning of an indoor voice, is the teensy-tiniest thing in existence, enjoys pleasing people, has a huge sweet tooth, and a huge, generous heart.

Kendall is the even louder younger sister. She also lacks an indoor voice, demands the presence of a room, is incredibly indecisive, is obsessed with fruit, and has a sarcastic streak three miles wide.

I'm your typical middle sister - a little moodier, a lot quieter...I'm the mediator, the planner, the control-freak.

Somehow, all our personalities click and balance each other's out perfectly. We kind of remind me of the episode of Friends where Phoebe tells Monica she's high-maintenance (me), that Rachel is a push-over (Samantha), and declares herself flaky (Kendall).

The writers of that show knew they had a good character balance of those three women, and that's exactly how my sisters and I are.

We are a wonderful balance of sweet and sassy, organized and carefree, open and guarded, loving and straightforad...thank God for sisters :)

♥ abigail

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree. thank god for sisters. i just have one younger sister (2 years younger) and we're such great friends. people ask if we're twins b/c we're so close - that's always such a fabulous compliment : )

    adorable blog - i'm your newest GFC follower
    tgif
    cailen

    www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete