Friday, March 4, 2011

fill in the blank friday

Well, after a crazy-busy week, I have finally taken a break.

This week consisted of numerous assignments, four Spanish papers, a mid-term, three short essays, test revisions (very extensive ones, mind you), and who knows what else.

Needless to say, I spent pretty much all of my time at school, doing homework, studying, or at work...normally I have nights where I am able to schedule in a bit of roomie time, but I even had to skip that since I was so swamped. As for quality time with my boyfriend, that consisted of us studying in the same room. Sweet, right?

But this week has been an incredible one - due to fantastic blessings and the wonderful people in my life, I was able to get a Kindle (thanks, grandma!) AND the iPhone 3GS...yay! Both these new things make me feel very tech-savvy (or not so tech-savvy, depends on what I'm trying to figure out) and blessed. I am excited because they were both practical purchases (believe me, I'm the most practical person in the world when it comes to my money).

I am taking the Kindle to Spain so I can take books and dictionaries with me - it's really all about saving space! And I am also taking my new phone...the nice man at the AT&T store explained that I can take it, keep it on Airplane Mode and not be charged any roaming fees or receive calls and texts, but will still be able to use WiFi. Meaning, I will be able to call people via Skype. How great is that?! I'm so stoked.

Also, I want to get this app...I hope I won't need it much, but it'd be good for back-up. Or for when I get there and am feeling overwhelmed while trying to get somewhere on my first day in Santander.

Anyway, after the stress of this week ended today at 1:00, I spent a relaxing day napping and reading Harry Potter with my boyfriend, getting my phone, and watching movies with the roomies. Tomorrow will bring a trip home to find "sensible shoes" for Spain and see the family a bit before heading back on Sunday to study study study!

Hope you all had great weeks and have fun weekends planned! Here is a little help to get you started - Fill in the Blank Friday :) Link up here to play along!



1. The phrase or punctuation I overuse most is: As far as the phrase, I say "Shut up!" more than enough...not in the "Be quiet" way, but in the "No way!" way. I'm also a fan of "Shut the front door!" (a nicer version of "Shut the f*** up") and "Let's be real..." As for overused punctuation, I'm a sucker for ellipses...clearly :)

2. Today I am thankful for so many things! To narrow it down: my family, my boyfriend, my roomies, my Kindle, my iPhone, my upcoming trip, my ability to power through this week.

3. My best friends are my sisters, hands down. I was so lucky to receive two automatic best friends, just because of the family I was born into.

4. A quirky thing about me is that I can't feel okay about leaving my house for the day if the bed is unmade, I insist on aisle seats wherever I go, and I brush my teeth at least five times a day.

5. This weekend I am going to get some family time in, study, and enjoy one of my last weekends in the states before I jet off for Spain (less than three weeks away - eek!).

6. Something that worries me is ... too many things. I'm a worrier. Recurring worries as of late involve my trip to Spain...we'll talk about those some other time though.

7. On my night stand you would find a lamp, a box of tissues, my Bible, my journal, whatever book I'm currently reading (it was just Redeeming Love on my Kindle), and a candle.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment