Saturday, April 17, 2010

about abigail

I posted like two minutes ago. But here I go again! I thought I'd introduce myself to you my (imaginary) readers. So you can check up on my credibility. Or something? So here is a random list of things about me that is being generated as I type. While watching The Hills. Here goes...

1. I'm 5'2" but make up for it in other areas. Like my mouth. Which is always talking. Unless it's sleeping. In which case it's probably drooling.

2. I am bad at being in quiet places. I fill silences with music. Or words. Because I always have words with me. Always.

3. The only time I'm not talking (besides when I'm sleeping, or when my mother has glared at me and my sisters enough times in church for talking) is when I'm sad. Angry? I rant. Stressed? I rant. Happy? I babble. Nervous? I giggle. But sad? I shut up as if I just learned the earth ran out of chocolate. Yeah. It's that bad.

4. I talk during movies too. I bet you had that figured out though. Ask anyone though. I always have questions. Or feel the need to point out that I know whatever song that is playing in the background. I feel like it makes me cooler than everyone else.

5. I have two sisters and one brother. I'm right in the middle of my sisters so that makes me the middle child. Being a middle child has had a big effect on my life. That's my excuse for a lot of things anyway. Also, when my sisters and I get together, we talk. A lot. It gets us shushed at the dinner table on regular basis. My dad is more of the silent type. As in, he likes the quiet. And his daughters ruin it. All the time.

6. I am obsessed with reality TV. Not the 'real' reality TV like Survivor. I like the scripted reality, like The Hills, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kendra, and Laguna Beach. I like to make fun of the people on them. Which makes me feel cooler than everyone else. Again.

7. I love quotes. Love love love. They are everywhere in my room and I spew them off at random whenever giving people advice. I have a quote for everything. And when I'm not quoting real people, I enjoy dropping quotes from Friends. If no one picks up that it's from Friends I don't correct them. I like when people think I'm funny.

8. Song lyrics speak to me. I always read the lyrics to the song before I buy it on iTunes.

9. I still purchase all my music from iTunes - is that weird? I guess LimeWire is all the rage, but I can't bring myself to use it! I have a strong moral compass, so it may have something to do with that. Or I like to spend money. Which I do. But I don't. It's a slippery slope.

10. I'm a sophomore in college and don't know what to major in or what to do with my life. I keep changing my mind, so I haven't changed my major from English yet. I'd hate to go through the whole process and then realize I want to change my mind again.

11. I think English classes are stupid. It's all very ambiguous and I find that a lot of it is complete bullshit - sometimes people write just to write, and they don't realize how their use of allegory is really drawing reference to their sad life which is like a circle because of blahblahblah! I just made that up. But that's how I feel.

12. I am obsessed with The Pioneer Woman. If I had more time and money, I would cook all of her recipes. I read her blog all the time though. I love her writing.

13. I crave the following foods on a regular basis: Odwalla Mighty Mango juice, Salt and Vinegar Pringles, M&Ms, Guittard chocolate chips, Ben & Jerry's Triple Caramel Chunk ice cream, and bread. And when I crave something, I have to have it. It becomes vital for my (and for those around me) existence.

14. I got my driver's license when I was 19. I was too strong-willed and stubborn to get it when everyone was bugging me about it, but now that I have it, I love it. No one else does though...my, how the tables have turned!

15. I am a rule-follower, a goody-two shoes, and a worrywart.

16. I have become obsessed with Sudoku to the point that I bought an actual Sudoku book and I play online when I can. Sometimes, I feel like I have no life.

17. I hate when books are turned into movies and people see the movie without reading the book first. I really think it should be a law that they have to read the book first. I also hate when they change the entire story so much that it doesn't follow the book at all. That should also be outlawed.

18. I love to read. My new year's resolution (one of them) is to read all of Jane Austen's books. I've read Pride and Prejudice a million (read: four) times but haven't gotten around to the others. Some of my other favorites include A Prayer For Owen Meany and The Time Traveler's Wife.

19. I give a lot of relationship advice. I haven't had that many relationships, but I am far too logical for my own good, so I figure I should channel that into giving sound relationship advice. The worst kind of advice is from people who only want you to be happy and will tell you anything to keep you that way. If you ask for advice, you should get their real opinion, not what you want to hear...because then you would have just asked yourself, right? People should keep that in mind when they seek advice too.

20. I am brutally honest, stubborn, a little bossy, and shy. I can be a pushover and I hate conflict. I don't like sudden loud noises and I hate small spaces. If I had my way, I would always have an aisle seat, wherever I am. My favorite mood is when I'm happy for no reason that I can think of. The sun is the easiest way to brighten my mood. And daphne, the flower. It smells amazing and I am known for stealing it from places around campus.

21. I sometimes feel like a walking contradiction. For example, I have a poster in my room of an Andy Warhol print (by the way, I love Andy Warhol) that proclaims "I think everybody should like everybody." And I do think that. But I don't like everybody. So I suppose I'm not lying when I say I believe that...but it feels like false advertising or something.

22. I tear up easily (especially during TV shows or commercials), but I refuse to cry in front of anybody. I've only broken down in front of people a few times in my life (besides when I was little, which doesn't count at all).

23.I sometimes feel like I am Kathleen Kelly from You've Got Mail. If you haven't watched it, you better go do it right now. It is my favorite movie of all time (closely followed by Love Actually, Across the Universe, and Sleepless in Seattle).

24. "There is a land called Passive Aggressiva, and I am their queen." Addison said that on Grey's Anatomy. She must have been quoting me. I really am the queen of passive aggressive behavior. And obsessive compulsive behavior - I can't fall asleep if my room isn't clean, so I clean it every night before bed, no matter how tired I am.

25. I don't have anything else to say that I can think of right now, but I had to type this under '25' because I wouldn't have been able to sleep leaving it at '24'...I'm an issue, okay?

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment