Sunday, April 18, 2010

quotes

If you've been paying the slightest bit of attention to any of my previous posts, you'll know that I have the tendency to be a little obsessive. It's true - I have accepted it, and decided to roll with it. (Side note: Could that be a problem? People diagnose me with "problems" and instead of fixing it, I write it off as being an important aspect of my personality and decide to simply go with it rather than change it...interesting. That might get its own post later. But I digress.)

One of my biggest obsessions are quotes - I have been obsessed with them since the beginning of time. Or since I was a kid. But whatever. My closet in Eugene is covered with them, my room now has them everywhere - my desk, my bulletin boards, in books where I write them down...everywhere. I find quotes I love in everything from books to TV shows to movies to song lyrics...I love them because they are an eloquent way of saying something that people relate to.

I am taking this opportunity to share with you my favorite quote (for today, anyway). It comes to us from one of my favorite books, The Time Traveler's Wife. This quote to me, is so true - laughter is really the best medicine.

We laugh and laugh, and nothing can ever be sad, no one can be lost, or dead, or far away: right now we are here, and nothing can mar our perfection, or steal the joy of this perfect moment.
- Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

Think about it.

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment