Monday, April 26, 2010

nothing profound...

I really should be getting to bed...it's week five of spring term (thank goodness it's starting to go by faster!) and midterms are in full swing. Tomorrow I will be rising early (though I probably should say "early" because 8:00 a.m. isn't exactly the crack of dawn) to do some last minute studying before my test, then I have a full day of class and homework and studying ahead of me.

But first, reasons why I am happy today...right now. They're in no particular order and really don't make for scintillating reading, but I feel like I need a pick-me-up, so here goes:

1. Today was sunny.
2. I was able to enjoy the sun with my family (read: my dad, younger siblings and I basked lazily in the backyard in lawn chairs while mom did yard work).
2a. Additionally, I am happy that my Hawaiian-blooded skin allows for me to get tan in such a short time in the sun.
3. The cinnamon rolls I baked this weekend were absolutely divine and worth every calorie.
4. So were the french breakfast puffs.
5. I see Tyler Hilton on Tuesday!
6. California is only 77 days away.
7. It's week five...halfway there!
8. My room is clean.
9. My dear, sweet friend who is in the hospital is beginning to feel better.
10. I left my Bible at home on accident, and was upset about it. (The happy part is that I realized this and miss it - I never even used to read it on a regular basis).
11. My foot lotion smells like coconut.
12. Kelle Hampton's blog makes me cry...in a good way.
13. My dog loves me.
14. I've come to a conclusion of what I want to major in (for this week, anyway).
15. I don't feel stressed. I don't remember the last time that happened.
16. While challenging - and, as of late, heartbreaking - I love my life.

Nothing too profound or exciting. But enough to make me realize that even though it can be hard to see sometimes, we are constantly surrounded by beautiful, wonderful, happy things.

I wish I took more time to recognize these things before I became sad. I'm glad I have this newfound way of storing these happy things. While I dread the fact that I may still wake up in the morning feeling sad, I feel more content in knowing that I will always be able to see that it really is the little things that make me the happiest.

Simple things that are around me every day are all it takes to put everything in perspective - which will someday be exactly what I need.

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment