Saturday, October 16, 2010

writer's block...again

I've been trying to write a post for over an hour.

I'm trying to find a balance between blogging about the goings-on of my life (I'm sure one day I'll love to look back and remember) and things I feel actually matter...and lately, my writing about things that matter have been sub-par at best. Until they're up to my (probably too high) standards, my poor little blog will seem mostly neglected. Again.

But that's okay. Because even though I'm having trouble writing, I'm filling my time with life, which is good enough for me!

And to hold you over, here's something to read form someone who doesn't have writer's block (or several midterms to study for, a paper to write, and ejercicios to complete):

Jimmy Sanchez, one of the 33 Chilean miners who have been trapped for over two months in the San Jose copper-gold mine in the Atacama Desert, would like to make one small correction to all the stories about life in the mine:

“There are actually 34 of us,” the nineteen-year-old miner wrote in a letter sent up from the mine on Tuesday, "because God has never left us down here."

How wonderful is that? It warms my heart, it really does. Read the rest here.

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment