Monday, October 25, 2010

you know you're a college student when...

...you camp out all night (in the rain) for tickets for this weekend's football game.

In this situation, I'm not much of a college student...thanks to my job at the athletic department, I have an All-Access pass that gets me into whatever game I want.

It should be noted that I don't like football...so if I didn't have my pass, I wouldn't camp out anyway...but that's a different story.

I did camp out one time. But that was freshman year when I wasn't an athletic department intern and when I was young and naive...it was also for house bonding...I lived in a co-ed co-op...I'll let you do the math on that one.

I don't think I even ended up going to that game...but again, that's a different story.

So if you're a normal college student (read: a student who likes football and doesn't have an internship with the athletic department), you're braving in the rains and winds of Oregon to get your tickets for Saturday.

Two of my roomies have been out there since around 5:00 p.m., and one just left (waking me up in the process, which explains why I'm up at 1:00 a.m.) to join them after she got back from work.

I think they're all sorts of crazy.

So essentially, what this boils down to is that you know you're a college student if you're crazy.

I kid, I kid.

Sort of...

♥ abigail

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that camping all night for tickets is crazy. If I didn't have my internship I just wouldn't go to the games.

    ReplyDelete